OBS Studio 28.0.3 – Neowin
OBS Studio is software designed to efficiently capture, compose, encode, record and stream video content. It is the rewrite of the widely used Open Broadcaster software, to allow even more features and cross-platform support. OBS Studio supports multiple sources, including media files, games, web pages, application windows, webcams, your desktop, your microphone, and more.
Features of OBS Studio:
- Real-time high-performance video/audio capture and mixing, with unlimited scenes, you can switch between them seamlessly via custom transitions.
- Live stream to Twitch, YouTube, Periscope, Mixer, GoodGame, DailyMotion, Hitbox, VK and any other RTMP server
- Filters for video sources such as image masking, color correction, chroma/color keying, etc.
- x264, H.264 and AAC for your live streams and video recordings
- Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and NVIDIA NVENC support
- Intuitive audio mixer with filters per source such as noise gate, noise removal and gain. Take full control with VST plug-in support.
- GPU-based game capture for high-performance game streaming
- Unlimited number of scenes and sources
- Number of different and customizable transitions when switching between scenes
- Keyboard shortcuts for almost any action such as start or stop your stream or recording, press to talk, quickly mute any audio source, show or hide any video source, switch between scenes, and much more
- Live preview of all changes made to your scenes and sources using Studio Mode before pushing them to your stream where your viewers will see those changes
- Support for DirectShow capture devices (webcams, capture cards, etc.)
- Powerful and easy to use configuration options. Add new sources, duplicate existing ones and adjust their properties effortlessly.
- Simplified settings panel to quickly configure your broadcasts and recordings. Easily switch between profiles.
- Light and dark themes available to match your environment.
- …and many more features. Free. At all.
- Fixed a bug where the Linux Window Capture target would reset on every obs load [kkartaltepe]
- Fixed an issue where a green tint would sometimes occur when the OBS color gamut was set to Full [jpark37]
- Fixed a performance issue with audio sources per Windows application [jpark37]
- Fixed a bug where auto remux was not working with some settings in single output mode [PatTheMav]
- Fixed a bug where transition elements were grayed out when switching scene collections [gxalpha]
- Fixed a bug where resuming from pause would cause recordings to stop when using certain encoders [Jim]
- Fixed a bug where m3u8 did not work with some video encoders [Jim]
- Fixed dock titlebar icons not loading on Linux and being the wrong color [cg2121]
- OBS will now warn you to reboot when changing python installation in the configure scripts dialog [WizardCM]
- Fixed crash when Windows Audio Capture is active in the background and stopped by closing OBS or changing scene collection [jpark37]
Get notified of all our software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
Report a problem with the article